June Carnival of Aros : Pride

 For pride month I participated in Kathy Trithardt's collab video by recommending three aromantic short stories for "Ace BookTubers Recommend Ace Books." The original call was for ace/aro content, but based on the title it looks like mainly ace content was recommened, so I've linked to the time code where I talk about the aromantic short stories. 

It was great having a deadline and a three story limit, and getting to contribute to a group project during pride month. The following is the transcript of my aromantic short story recommendations. 


To Unmask a Witch by agnezztealeaf

"This has an old woman who lives in the woods,
and there's these three three or four children trying to sneak up on her
because they think she's a witch,  and they're looking for proof.
And it's just full of mischief and bravery  and not meeting people's expectations
and that being okay."


A Problem Unsolved by candypeel


"features a witch and a love potion and getting some really good advice
and I'm being really vague on purpose because my first attempt to do this audio,
I totally spoiled the story, so you'll just have to read it.


A Monster Steals Your Children by arosnowflake


"In this one, the people in wherever they are. Forest? A town?
They believe that this like evil entity in a tower causes things to be "wrong"
with their children by stealing pieces of their soul,
and the main character, who's a child that this supposedly happened to,
goes to confront whatever's in this tower, and it's not what it seems.
I just thought this was such a great metaphor.
It was painful and cathartic and just really moved me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September TAAAP Chat Notes - Aplatonicism

Call for Submissions January 2021: Stories

Ace Daydreams