URL Regret

😞

I am unhappy with the URL for this blog. At the moment it is "charcharcharace" and I have a matching email account. 

While it was easy to update the title of the blog to "CharCharChar AAAAA" which is a better match to how I feel, if I change the URL then links to three of my most visited posts will die. And then how will posterity know what I shared in September 2020? 

Reasons to Change

It wouldn't be The Hardest Thing in the World to reach out to the three places that linked to my blog and ask them to update the link (and if they won't, no big deal). But the longer I wait to make this decision, the harder it will be to run around link swapping. 

I'm also reluctant to change the URL because it's likely my perception of myself is not done changing and never will be. Changing the URL now could still mean wanting to change it in the future. If I change the URL to "charcharcharaaaaa" is that prone to typos in the number of A's or someone mimicking my blog but plastering it in gross ads. 

"charcharcharace" implies that my focus is asexuality. At sometimes my focus will be asexuality. T minus two days till Ace Week by the way. But asexuality is not all of who I am, and it is not all of what I want to advocate for. 

Reasons to Stay the Same

Asexuality was my entrypoint to the aspec community. Keeping "charcharcharace" is a way of acknowledging that history, even though being ace feels like a much smaller piece of me than it did nine months ago when I first started getting involved. 

Conclusion

Most importantly "charace" sounds gross in my head, like a name slurred angrily by someone you don't want to deal with.

But I still am not certain what to change the URL to. So I conclude ... to decide this later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September TAAAP Chat Notes - Aplatonicism

Call for Submissions January 2021: Stories

Taking Space from Toxic Ace Spaces