August 2021 Carnival of Aros: Amatonormativity and Wellbeing

This post is for the August 2021 Carnival of Aros: Amatonormativity and Wellbeing

"What are some things you do to mitigate the impact of amatonormativity on yourself, such as with self-care practices?" 

I write drabbles (exactly 100 words of fiction) exploring non-amatonormative relationships. Like so:

Drabble Time!

    “You know how I’m polyamorous?” he asks. 

    “Mmhmm,” I voice, our cuddling making nodding inconvenient. 

    “You understand that I tell my partners about my other relationships?”

    “What words would you use for this?” I ask. 

    “You’re physically affectionate, but evasive as soon as I try to define us.”

    I grin wide to hide my fear. “Did you know I give fantastic backrubs?”

    “I did not know this,” he says. “Are you offering?”

    “I am, turn around.”

    He complies. 

    My fear rambles out of me, laying bare my uncertainty and preference to stay vague and experimental. 

    “As you wish,” he says.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September TAAAP Chat Notes - Aplatonicism

Call for Submissions January 2021: Stories

Ace Daydreams